Damage can still occur despite the durability and longevity commonly associated with commercial roofing structures. In fact, commercial roof damage is a common issue that many property owners and managers face. While regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent damage, visit our website to know about certain factors that can cause unexpected damage to commercial roofing systems.
Nature vs. Roof: Who Wins?
Commercial roof damage can result from various causes, sparking intriguing debates in the industry: nature’s impact versus roof construction quality. Who will come out on top when the forces of nature clash with the sturdy structure of a commercial roof? While it may seem like an epic battle, the answer is quite simple – nature will always win. No matter how well-built a roof may be, it is not invincible to the elements. Heavy rains, fierce winds, and hailstorms can all cause significant damage to even the most well-maintained roofs. Taking preventative measures and making necessary repairs is crucial to ensure your commercial roof withstands nature’s wrath effectively.
Pests Love Roofs Too
Pests as a common culprit for commercial roof damage are often overlooked, but don’t be fooled, they also have an affinity for roofs! Pesky creatures, be it birds nesting in gutters or rodents gnawing insulation, can wreak havoc on your roof system. These pesky creatures, birds nesting in gutters or rodents chewing through insulation, can cause havoc on your roof. And the damage caused by termites or carpenter ants? The damage caused by termites or carpenter ants is a topic we wouldn’t want to get started on! If left unchecked, these tiny terrors can cause serious structural damage that will have you seeing red. While admiring the view from your roof, be vigilant for any unwelcome guests making themselves at home up there.
Heavy Rain, Heavy Damage
- Commercial roof damage can be caused by a myriad of factors – some are preventable, while others are not.
- One of the most common culprits of roof damage is heavy rain.
- You might think that a little rain can’t hurt your sturdy roof, but when it comes down in sheets, it can wreak havoc on your building.
- Heavy rain can cause leaks, ponding water, and even structural damage.
Heat Waves and Roof Cracks
- Heat waves can wreak havoc on commercial roofs, especially those made of materials that are sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- During periods of intense heat, the sun’s rays can cause the roof to expand and contract repeatedly, leading to the development of cracks.
- These cracks can quickly grow and cause significant damage to the roof structure, leading to leaks and other issues.
- In particular, flat roofs are prone to this type of damage, as they are more exposed to the sun’s rays than sloped roofs.
Time Takes a Toll Too
It can bring wisdom, but it can also bring damage to your commercial roof. As your roof ages, it becomes more vulnerable to damage and wear and tear. Exposure to the elements, including heat, cold, rain, and wind, can cause the materials to weaken and break down over time. If your commercial roof is approaching its expected lifespan, it’s important to schedule regular inspections and maintenance to catch any signs of damage early. From the pesky critters to the treacherous weather, it’s clear that your roof is not immune to the hazards of the outside world. But the good news is that with proper maintenance and attention, you can keep your roof in tip-top shape and avoid costly repairs down the road. So, be vigilant, be proactive, and most importantly, don’t let those sneaky squirrels get the best of you!